Saturday, April 10, 2010

Artistic Side


"Evil Ways" by Julie Zarate

One things for sure, is that I love art. But why is it that when someone has a special talent with visual aspects, the sight of it never seems to be noticed? Sure we see art in museums, created by some of the greatest artist in history, but most of what you see was created by someone who is now dead! Is that what we have to do to become well appreciated? Die?

Well no, we don’t, art is alive in all of us. Even those who don’t believe they have an inkling of what it takes to be an artist. Because art is not just drawing pictures or sculpting, it’s everything that takes effort to accomplish and then becomes appealing to the eye, appreciated. Some say that the way Michael Jordan played basketball was an art form. It was beautiful to watch. The way a movie is directed takes on an artistic view when you look at all the effort it takes to create a feeling of despair, or happiness. These are things that go unnoticed to some. But for those who do notice, wow, a movie takes you on a different path.

You know I once had a boss who would stand atop of his three story building and hold an envelope in his hand as employees walked into work. If anyone looked up, he would drop the envelope, and in the envelope the employee would find a one hundred dollar bill and a note that said “thanks for looking up”. It taught me to always be aware of your surroundings, and in doing so appreciating all you see and the effort it took to accomplish.

I have a few friends that are great artists, and no guys you don’t have to die!, Loida Ruiz, Maria Palacios, and Jena Gandy who are artists with words. Liana Lopez and Tom Gandy who are incredible artists with photography, and Lizbeth Ortiz, Julie Zarate and Alfred Hernandez who visualize the world in a way that only gives it a greater sense beauty.

I have to say that art is a large part of my life. Even in music my ear (and yes it's singular because I can only hear out of one ear) hears the sounds, as I close my eyes and lose myself in a rhapsody of blissful pleasures that only music can grasp. And so, to all my friends, I thank you for being a part of my life! You are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment